Duk Duk Daze Grass Volleyball Tournament
- Format: Coed 4’s Grass Volleyball.
- When: Saturday, July 15,2023 – 9am to 6pm (approximately).
- Where: Hidden Valley Park Soccer Field – 8800 32nd Ave N, New Hope, MN
- $3000+ in Cash Prizes will be awarded to multiple divisions based on number of registered teams*
- Cost: $140/team – includes super cool t-shirts (prior to July 6 deadline)!
- Registration: www.dddvolleyball.com. 100 team max.
This is a Coed tournament. Teams shall be comprised of 4 people, mixed gender with no more than two male players.
Available divisions are AA, A, BB, B. Generally defined as:
- AA – Highest skill level, top collegiate and semi-pro players are common here.
- A – Advanced skill level, teams should not contain more than two AA players on the roster.
- BB – Competitive, some collegiate level players but teams should not be contain more than two A level players.
- B – Recreational, developing and casual volleyball athletes.
None provided. Bring your own ball. Game will be played with whatever ball is agreed upon by the playing teams (typically Spalding KOB or Wilson AVP). If there is a discrepancy, game will be played with the Wilson AVP Optx ball (if available).
Call your own and keep your own score. Call out the score before each serve. Please call your own (or your teammates) violations. Replay if necessary to settle dispute.
Food & Beverages
You are welcome to bring coolers with your own food and beverages. New Hope does not restrict the type of beverages you consume in city parks (assuming you are of legal age).
Please clean up after yourselves. The city will have some waste bins around the field. Please make sure trash is not left on the field. We are fortunate they continue to let us host this tournament in the park. Let’s keep it clean so the tradition can continue.
Cancellations and Refunds
Teams that cannot attend the tournament will be issued a refund if they do so more than one week prior to the start date. Refunds will not be given after the deadline for any reason.
This is a Rain or Shine event.
Play will continue through inclement weather as much as possible – if it’s necessary to stop play, it will be postponed in appropriate increments until conditions are suitable to resume play. It’s very important that all teams maintain communication to site directors so that games may resume in a timely manner.
If play us unable to be resumed, the tournament will be moved to the following day for completion. This decision will come from the tournament director. This would be determined by safety, weather, and playing conditions.
Still have more questions? Send us a message on facebook!